Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What Would Jeff Say?


I mostly know what Jeff would say in various circumstances. 

What would he say about my new hair color?  He'd be mad!  He'd wanted me to go blonde for years, LOL.

What would he have said after J1's Celiac's disease diagnosis?  He would have started off with "what do you mean I can't have beer?" followed quickly by "I bet I can brew my own gluten free beer."

What would he have said when I wanted to buy a treadmill?  This one is easy because he was always against getting exercise equipment, so sure we'd never use it.  So when I completed week 7 of the couch to 5K program and ran 25 minutes straight on three separate days.  I said "Did you see that, Jeff?"  Out loud.  I'm proud of my accomplishment.  I'm sure Jeff would be as well.

Approximately 6 months after Jeff and I started dating we went on a joint diet.  Jeff always called it "The Diet".  And I think it's because it's probably the only one he ever did.  So unlike myself, I have dieted many times.  But we started "The Diet" and we did great as each other's moral support.  At the time, Jeff and I lost 60 lbs each.  We felt good, but we failed to add exercise into the equation and ultimately, we gained all the weight + back.

This year, in my rebuilding year, I decided to do another diet.  I recognize that I am the sole surviving parent and that it is one of my fundamental responsibilities to be healthy for my children.  That means loosing weight and exercising. It has not been easy.  I still have a great deal of stress in my life and adding in a new food plan and exercise routine is complicated to say the least.

I am half way through the year and half way to my weight loss goal.  Only, my biggest accomplishment is not on the pounds lost (70) but on the mileage I am accruing: 3.1.

I regularly run 3.1 miles, 3 to 4 times a week.  I am proud of that.  I have never run a day in my life (other than to chase someone on the playground).  This is new for me and exciting.  I just wish Jeff was here to see it.

Sincerely,

Jeff's Wife

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Alison, regarding the diet and exercise, you're doing something few people can do. Congratulations on your discipline.

    ReplyDelete